This is an old blog!

Please note that since the release of my new BlogSite at www.mywinnipegweddingphotographer.com with a built in AWESOME Blog, I will no longer be updating this blog, so please update your RSS feeds and go visit me at my new blog at http://www.my-winnipeg-wedding-photographer.com/blog.html

Tuesday 26 February 2008

This is how I feel

Something happened to my friends this past week that made me stop in my tracks. My dear friends Lois and Trevor Brucki lost their precious little baby girl right after her birth.

No explanation, no particular reason, no warning and very little time to say goodbye.

Not fair. Not right. Completely and utterly painful.

Kennedy was a beautiful little girl and would have been joyfully spoiled every minute of her life.

A couple of days after this happened I received an email from my friend Trevor saying that the pain was hard to bare. And those few images that he had of her in the operating room when she first let out her cries were the only pictures he had of his precious little child. And that they were the most treasured things he had in his house at the moment.

The camera in the Operating Room? That was an afterthought. "Just didn't want it to get stolen"- he said. And if he didn't have it in there with him, he would have no images of Kennedy. Nothing.

So, he said, this tragedy made his realize just what a huge responsibility we have as photographers to capture every moment.

Trevor has many wonderful gifts and one of them is the ability to capture life as an artform - in the form of photography.

My friend, if you're reading, I know you think this video is cheesy (you've already told me that!) but here it is.

To you.




ps- Trevor is a Wedding Photographer in Winnipeg and a very good friend who was instrumental in my career. To see Trevor's original post about this, please go to www.trevorbrucki.blogspot.com


Please keep Trevor and Lois in your prayers during this time.

2 comments:

Eric Foley said...

Our thoughts and prayers go out to Trevor and Lois, we are thinking of you!

Eric

Smiley Eyes Photography said...

I am so very sad for your friend. I can only imagine how disappointing and difficult this must be. His pictures of this memomry will always be near and dear to their hearts.