This is an old blog!

Please note that since the release of my new BlogSite at www.mywinnipegweddingphotographer.com with a built in AWESOME Blog, I will no longer be updating this blog, so please update your RSS feeds and go visit me at my new blog at http://www.my-winnipeg-wedding-photographer.com/blog.html

Tuesday 15 April 2008

Oh Yo----ko!!! Oh Yo----ko!!!

Well, I know you think I'm talking about THAT Yoko, but I'm really talking about THIS Yoko!



If you don't know her, you NEED to get to know her ASAP before she's FAMOUS!!!

Yoko is the fabulous designer of greenvites eco-friendly stationery, the creator of my logos (all of them, all the swirlies, all the bubbles, all of it, ALL OF IT!!!) Without her I would just be a person with a camera, without a proper image, or look or anything... well, yes, I would still be a crazy brazilian, but enough about me!

I was privileged to be part of something amazing when Yoko asked me to photograph her new complete line of wedding stationery. I mean COMPLETE! Invitations, thank you cards, boxes, labels, you name it! All of it eco friendly and all of it FSC certified. Today, Yoko was approved for FSC membership. She tried to explain the process to me, but all I really know about it is that in this LARGE LARGE world of ours, only a few hundred people (738) are members of the Forestry Stewardship Council (only 60 in Canada, like David Suzuki, Greenpeace, and Yoko!) . It takes a long time to get a membership and it's actually not easy to get accepted. But she did!!! I think what makes her unique is that her invitations are also beautiful - not just eco-friendly! And with the help of web-genius Alex Morrison, Yoko has launched her invitations globally - shipping samples all the way to Fiji or something...

It's no wonder that she was nominated for Manitoba's Woman Entrepreneur of the Year (2008). I'll be there with bells on to see you win and take that "Oscar" home honey!! Ok, not an Oscar, but soon enough!!

Today, Yoko emailed me the images below from her ad in the Ottawa Magazine.

Looks awesome! I love the colours, the pictures and the design!

Yoko, you're genius and I'm proud to be your friend. Just make sure you don't forget me when you're super duper famous!




No comments: