This is an old blog!

Please note that since the release of my new BlogSite at www.mywinnipegweddingphotographer.com with a built in AWESOME Blog, I will no longer be updating this blog, so please update your RSS feeds and go visit me at my new blog at http://www.my-winnipeg-wedding-photographer.com/blog.html

Tuesday 29 April 2008

Eco Tips!

I'd like to start a new feature on my blog about "Going Green". Like it or lump it, it's not going away, so we might as well embrace and really try to live this out! According to a recent publication on MacLean's magazine, when it comes to pollution, water use and carbon emissions, Canada is among the worst of the worst. Read article here. I don't want to harp on this too long, but I believe we got here on our own and something needs to be done.

I've joined an Event Design Group called ecoLuxe and the goal of our companies is to throw eco-friendly parties from the planning stages right till the execution! From stationery printed on recycled paper with soy based inks, to edible favours (cookies), to fair trade flowers, and eco conscious professional digital photography (call me to find out more ways in which I'm eco-friendly), we provide parties that leave a green footprint.

So I decided to challenge myself in the way that I live everyday, not going completely cold turkey and all granola on this, but making small changes, taking baby steps to a better world.

Are you in?

Please post your comments and let me know! Oh and stay tuned for tip #1 this Friday!

No comments: