This is an old blog!

Please note that since the release of my new BlogSite at www.mywinnipegweddingphotographer.com with a built in AWESOME Blog, I will no longer be updating this blog, so please update your RSS feeds and go visit me at my new blog at http://www.my-winnipeg-wedding-photographer.com/blog.html

Friday 25 April 2008

Urban Potential Rock Benefit Concert

I am blessed. No two ways to say it. I am truly and honestly blessed in the work that I do. Sure, I don't get much sleep and I don't spend weekends at the lake all summer. But I have the best job in the world.

I usually feel blessed enough just to be there on your wedding day, or your family celebration, or simply capturing a candid family portrait for posterity. But once in a while I am lucky enough to be part of something even bigger than that.

Months ago I was asked to do the promo shots for God Talk (CJOB - Sunday Nights with Greg Glatz, David Balzer and Melissa McEachern - see shoot here), and I felt really honored to have done that. And I thought that was cool enough for a Brazillian/Prairie girl like me!

However, just a couple of weeks ago, Greg Glatz (The Rock and Roll Preacher) asked me to be part of Urban Potential: Helping urban kids reach their full potential. Please check out the site for more information.

In short, on Saturday, May 3rd, 2008, there will be a benefit concert for inner-city kids. Hosted by CJOB’s Larry Updike & Brian Barkley, and featuring the Royal Unruh Band, UP08 will rock the house and raise money for Urban Potential, Winnipeg’s new mentoring program for children in the inner city.

What do I have to do with this? I got to go and spend an afternoon with the kids and Meredith who runs the after-school program for inner-city youth and capture some images of the kids and the program.

These images will be used during the concert and possibly for any production material that they need to raise awareness.

Here's my favorite image. And below it a little slideshow with some more images.

Get involved.




3 comments:

Greg Glatz said...

Patty: these Urban Potential pictures are amazing. Somehow, you manage to evoke and capture the essence of this ministry, which is to realize the potential in every child. So often, we treat people as statistics instead of looking at them as our brothers and sisters. Your pictures humanize us. I think they bring subject and object together.

I think every church or ministry should have a photographic artist on staff!

Patty Boge. said...

Very cool! Count me in whenever you need me!

MRC said...

Patty: I love these photos! They truly capture the heart of UP! Thank You, Thank You!