This is an old blog!

Please note that since the release of my new BlogSite at www.mywinnipegweddingphotographer.com with a built in AWESOME Blog, I will no longer be updating this blog, so please update your RSS feeds and go visit me at my new blog at http://www.my-winnipeg-wedding-photographer.com/blog.html

Tuesday 4 March 2008

It's a dream come true allright...

Just over a year ago, my mom fell ill with depression. Not just any kind of sadness. It was the kind that simply eats away at your will to live or even get out of bed in the morning.

Last summer was spent in and out of hospitals and all kinds of drug trials. My mom couldn't stand the thought of walking, eating or even shopping! (You gotta know a girl is sick when she can't shop!)

Eventually, through the hard work of the Mobile Crisis Unit, my mom was referred to an amazing Psychiatrist that took really good care of her and helped her to find the right medication for her condition.

Long, long, long story short, my mom came out of this depression and is back to being the crazy fun person that I've always known her to be. Really, if you have anyone in your family with mental illness (and you probably do), you know that during the darkest hours of depression, it feels like things will never improve.

So, just recently my little brother (who is a photographer that travels the world photographing hotels and the scenery surrounding the hotels - bugger!) invited my parents to go spend some time with him in Paris! (Hullo!!!) Can you believe they didn't know for sure if they wanted to go???


We insisted and off they went!

Here's my mom in front of well, you know....




See more of Filipe's adventures here.

No comments: