This is an old blog!

Please note that since the release of my new BlogSite at www.mywinnipegweddingphotographer.com with a built in AWESOME Blog, I will no longer be updating this blog, so please update your RSS feeds and go visit me at my new blog at http://www.my-winnipeg-wedding-photographer.com/blog.html

Tuesday 12 August 2008

Celebrity Stalking

That's my mom's name for him: Celebrity. She often comes by and says simply that: Hi Celebrity.

People say you should treat celebrity like your next door neighbour and treat your next door neighbour like celebrity.

I have a little problem: my neighbour IS a celebrity. Steve Bell - Christian singer and songwriter.

About three years ago or so (feels like just yesterday) our old neighbours moved out and "The Bells" moved in. I had no idea who that would be until Steve came to my door to borrow a flashlight and I had a really embarrassing school-girl hissy fit! I behaved like a teenager who had just ran into Ashton Kutcher or something.

Anywho, all embarrassment aside - and years of therapy for Steve, I'm sure, he and his wife Nanci are still our neighbours.

Nanci is simply a stellar cook and gardener and neighbour all around. My kids love tea parties with "Mrs. Bell" and I love finding her weeding my garden!

Steve is allright too. I haven't caught him practicing his guitar outside or anything, but hey, I'll make sure to keep you posted if I do.

Last week we had them over for supper - it was soup with beet leaves that I stole from Nanci's garden when they were out of town. I had just purchased my 50mm lens (1.4) and I was taking some candid shots of everyone around the table.

I took this shot of Steve:


I emailed it to him and apparently they're using it for some stuff. Pretty cool!

He's just lucky I'm not really a freak - or paparazzi - though watch out Steve, I do have a long lens. If I'm ever broke and need some extra cash I can always blackmail you with some shots of you mowing the lawn or something, though I hardly doubt the "Christian Press" would pay me any money for that!!

No comments: