This is an old blog!

Please note that since the release of my new BlogSite at www.mywinnipegweddingphotographer.com with a built in AWESOME Blog, I will no longer be updating this blog, so please update your RSS feeds and go visit me at my new blog at http://www.my-winnipeg-wedding-photographer.com/blog.html

Thursday 7 August 2008

Shayla & Riley: Married! August 2, 2008!

Shayla & Riley are one of those couples that I met sooooo long ago, almost two years ago when they booked me for their wedding... And though we have kept in touch through facebook we haven't really had to see each other throughout the year...

So it was a great joy to see these guys again! I had forgotten just how gorgeous they were!

We had one of those "Patty" days where it threatens to rain all day but it never really ruins the pictures!

They had some great ideas of what they wanted to do on their wedding day, like visit the old place of work where they met, go to the Bridge where he proposed and finally end up where her parents had their wedding pictures taken years ago...

These two are crazy in love and had to fight back tears of joy and wonder everytime they looked at each other.

Here's some shots that we got on Saturday:

The classic shoe shot: Shayla had worn these quite a bit before the wedding day just to make sure that she could boogie all night in them! They even had a really cool dance routine planned for the reception!




Here's their joy when first seeing each other...


Working the counter at SportMart on Pembina Hwy... What's Riley doing?




The girls were real sports when they agreed to go for a walk down the bridge even though it was starting to drizzle a bit.


A cozy lovely moment right where Riley proposed in the middle of winter almost two years ago...





These two were so good at dipping, I got tonnes of good shots of that...








I just loved Shayla's gloves and flowers.


Shayla has the curliest hair you've ever seen, but wore it fairly straight to the wedding... It looked so good!


Boys:


The girls were singing Spice Girls songs using their flowers as microphones. I swear I didn't make them do that!




I LOVE this shot!


Then we headed off to Fannystelle where Father MacKenzie married these two. It's the cutest little church I've ever seen! So quaint and such beautiful architecture!


Cakes by Maria.


Bridges Golf Course, of course.


Getting some air!


Thanks Riley and Shayla for hiring me to capture your crazy wonderful day! Have fun in Europe! Too bad I was too busy to go along, but maybe next time?

Oh and here's the slideshow! Shayla & Riley's Wedding In Winnipeg


ps - To all my blog stalkers, notice something different? Stay tuned for a whole new look (logo, website) coming soon!

2 comments:

Smiley Eyes Photography said...

FABULOUS !!!!!!!!

Bronwyn said...

K seriously...i must be slow, i saw that first photo of the shoes on facebook and loved the shot but couldn't figure out what it was of...lol...now i see the shoes!!How dumb am i???