This is an old blog!

Please note that since the release of my new BlogSite at www.mywinnipegweddingphotographer.com with a built in AWESOME Blog, I will no longer be updating this blog, so please update your RSS feeds and go visit me at my new blog at http://www.my-winnipeg-wedding-photographer.com/blog.html

Thursday 28 August 2008

Vanessa & Rick! Married! August 23, 2008!

August 23rd, 2008 will always stay in my memory as our coldest day in the Summer! Who knew?

But fortunately it'll also be remembered as Vanessa and Rick's wedding! When I met these guys, they brought their mom along to our meeting and I just love Anna! She's nuts and she makes the best homemade sausage this side of Italy!

I also loved Vanessa and Rick of course... We wouldn't be here if I didn't. Yes, you heard it: I LOVE my clients! I'm so cheesy but it's true!!!!

Anywho, let's start the day with this amazing spread that Anna put out!! Getting Ready pictures go way better when there's yummy Italian food to go with it!



Salvatore (Rick's dad made these beauties - I had two!!!)


He made these also!


Here's a shot just outside St Mary's Cathedral, the most beautiful church in all of Winnipeg!

We were supposed to be inside for family pictures, but hey, if the Bride and Groom aren't there and the photographer isn't there, then they can't start on their own, can they?


This bride has such unique beauty!




When a bride says: "Sure, I'll lie on the ground", you just KNOW she means business! (Yes, I had a blanket for her!)








Vanessa wanted the Tunnel, and her girls were very good about it! It was freezing!




Da Boyz!



Steven (far right) said this should be the Tux Ad.








Isn't she lovely? Yes, I had a small obsession, as you'll notice in the next few shots... Vanessa's mom is Philippino and her dad is from Trinidad, which accounts for this crazy amazing look about her...








And Rick is cute too!!!





Salvatore also baked the nut-free cake! (Side note, there was a nut in there, she just happened to be taking the picture! hahahaha, I crack myself up!)



One of the crazy awesome things that happened this day was that Jared came out to help me! Jared is one of my crazy clients that got married in August of 2005 and he has the most awesome wife (Michelle) and daughter (Siena) whom I've also photographed (see this post).

Thank you Jared, you were crazy fun to work with!



Here's one of the candids that Jared grabbed. Good stuff!


Rick and Vanessa, thanks so much for hiring me to tell your story. I loved being a part of your day and hope that we'll always stay friends!

Have a great time in Jamaica, sorry I couldn't go with you... I'll need a little more notice next time!

1 comment:

Carrie said...

WOW! I actually know that groom! It's ultra exciting to check in just because...and to see someone that you actually know! They looked great!