This is an old blog!

Please note that since the release of my new BlogSite at www.mywinnipegweddingphotographer.com with a built in AWESOME Blog, I will no longer be updating this blog, so please update your RSS feeds and go visit me at my new blog at http://www.my-winnipeg-wedding-photographer.com/blog.html

Tuesday 24 June 2008

So, a priest, a nun and a photographer walk into this bar...

Not a bar really. A Wedding Reception instead.

Katie and Jon's Wedding Reception.

I have to tell you I haven't laughed so hard at a wedding in a long long time!

Katie and Jon put me at the same table as their fabulous, hilarious priest and their crazy Nun cousin, Sister Darlene. I knew when I sat down, that this would be a night to remember...

My sides were splitting from laughing so hard at their stories growing up in the same town. The stories just kept pouring all through dinner... Too bad the priest didn't stay for the dance. We could have had some shots like the ones of Sister Darlene below, dancing to "I Will Survive"... What a night!

Doesn't she look like fun? Here she is dancing with Jonathon:


I love the speeches. It's like you've asked me to come into your living room and be part of this intimate family moment, when people tell your stories, and display old pictures.

Here's Jon and Katie.




The first dance. Magical.


The girls get sassy. L to R: Sarah Joy, Shawna, Ashley and Rachelle.


Hmm, what song might they be dancing to? Rasputin? Be careful... Don't break a leg!


It's like you can guess the songs, just by the gestures: Shout!


I'm too sexy.


And finally: the beautiful cake.


More images tomorrow guys! Stay tuned!

No comments: