This is an old blog!

Please note that since the release of my new BlogSite at www.mywinnipegweddingphotographer.com with a built in AWESOME Blog, I will no longer be updating this blog, so please update your RSS feeds and go visit me at my new blog at http://www.my-winnipeg-wedding-photographer.com/blog.html

Wednesday 16 July 2008

Deanna & Drayton: Married! July 12, 2008

Deanna was referred to me last year by my amazing assistant, Tamara, who is an incredible artist and who sacrificed her summer last year to help me with weddings.

Thank you Tamara, for now and for then. You are a gift in my life and I'll always treasure your amazing talent.

Deanna & Drayton had the kind of weather that you just hope will NEVER happen on your wedding day: stormy, windy and rain that's coming at you sideways!

BUT Deanna also had serious backup plans! She and her mom, Karen made sure that we had enough venues and plenty of time for pictures (almost 3 hours for the bride and groom shots)! That kind of forethought can make the difference between a relaxed and a frustrating day.

So, with rain from all sides, we decided to stick to the indoor locations:

Tamara captured this candid shot as I prepared them for some other shots from a different angle:


Sexy!


She "planted" a kiss on him... Or He on her... hard to tell from where I was...




Deanna is absolutely stunning and her gown was absolutely gorgeous!


Tamara also grabbed this sweet number as I moved in from a different angle.




Here's the lucky guy! Handsome and IN LOVE!!!






We brought in some studio lights for some cool effects...








Deanna came up with this idea and I am always happy when that happens!


Here's my take on it.


Drayton, you're not going anywhere, buddy!


Boys and their coffee...


Sweet kisses!


Legs, legs, legs...




This cake, made by Dessert Sinsations is the most decadent thing I've ever seen! Ever!



Thank you Deanna & Drayton for picking me! I had a blast despite the weather! Wish you all the best that life can bring! Stay tuned for your slideshow!

Thank you Tamara! You are my sunshine!

2 comments:

Tamara Paetkau said...

Oh, thanks Patty! You're too much :)
The photos turned out great, hard to believe it was such miserable weather outside from these beautiful photos. I had a great time with you, it was good to photograph together again.
See you at Hecla!

Smiley Eyes Photography said...

Just fabulous as always Patty !! You are a true inspiration !