This is an old blog!

Please note that since the release of my new BlogSite at www.mywinnipegweddingphotographer.com with a built in AWESOME Blog, I will no longer be updating this blog, so please update your RSS feeds and go visit me at my new blog at http://www.my-winnipeg-wedding-photographer.com/blog.html

Tuesday 15 July 2008

Sandra & Elliot! Married: June 28, 2008!

(Still catching up on posts since I went on holidays next week, so stay tuned to see images from more recent weddings soooooon!)

Sandra & Elliot are absolutely amazing! Crazy and downright in LOVE LOVE LOVE!!! If you've ever met Sandra, you know that LOVE LOVE LOVE is the best way to describe her...

On her wedding day, it was raining... Pouring to be exact. I was extremely worried since they really didn't have a backup plan, and umbrellas just weren't going to cut it. And even if it stopped raining, the wind was enough to drive anyone crazy!

Well, unless you were already crazy to begin with. Which was the case. Between her and I there's enough craziness to go around twice.

So, the rain stopped, the wind picked up and Sandra LOVED IT!!!

I was also extremely blessed to have my good friend Marlene come out to help me shoot.

Marlene is extremely talented, and has been in business for 30 YEARS!!! I swear she started when she was 2.

It was so great having her there, posing them for me from time to time, since I don't usually do a lot of posing. A great change of pace and I really enjoyed it.

For example, she set up this shot:


Sandra's stairway, centered and narrow, made for exquisite lighting.


Seriously...


Here, she and Coolidge are singing away...


She is so expressive... Check out this shot of the ceremony!


Here she is singing to her groom, with her girls for Kidonan East Collegiate.




Sandra & Elliot got married at Captain Kennedy Teahouse in St Andrews and we walked around the property for some shots.




Marlene snagged this one:


And this was my angle...


Another one of Marlene's


While I snapped this one.


Marlene's angle:


My angle:


Then we went driving around St Andrews.




This is my absolute favorite!


Ring Shots on Red Vinyl:





Skinners:





Here are the favours and the stones with the guests names. I made these little tags for them to tie around the favours and it gave the guests instructions on how to view their pictures online.



The speeches were hilarious:




Their first dance, magical...


Thank you Sandra & Elliot for letting me be with you ALL DAY LONG!!! I had a blast and Marlene did too... Read all about it on her blog.

View Sandra & Elliot's highlights slideshow here.

2 comments:

Marlene Fast said...

Oh wow - does this bring back strong feelings of a fabulous day. These images are exactly how I imagined they would be - they definitely tell the story of two great people and I'm thinking that Sandra is one 'fire-cracker' of a lady! Thanks Patty for those kind words - I had a blast and remember the day fondly. If you ever need another assistant - please call - I'll photograph with you anytime!

Smiley Eyes Photography said...

LOVE LOVE LOVE these ! < is this where I insert a squeal of delight ?>