This is an old blog!

Please note that since the release of my new BlogSite at www.mywinnipegweddingphotographer.com with a built in AWESOME Blog, I will no longer be updating this blog, so please update your RSS feeds and go visit me at my new blog at http://www.my-winnipeg-wedding-photographer.com/blog.html

Sunday 27 July 2008

A post on taking time off and taking the camera wherever I go...

All photographers would agree with me that it takes discipline to take your camera with you wherever you go. After all, when work is done, we like to leave our tools at home... My camera is my tool... Like a bobcat to a contractor, a wrench to a plumber... (you can tell my husband is in construction - that's all the parallels that I can draw...)

So when I'm off, I usually leave her at home (yes, it's a she and her name is ... never mind). But then a whole year can go by and I have no pictures of my kids to show for it...

So last year I made a conscious decision that I need to photograph my days off so they don't go by unnoticed (they are few and far between after all).

So here it is: last night after I photographed John & Christine's wedding, I set off to the lake where my sweet Mother in Law, Hildi, watched the kids for me while I worked. Both our husbands are working out of town somewhere up North, I'm not sure where... So we banded together...

When I got there, the girls were enjoying the new trampoline and were eager to show me their new moves that Uncle Jamie taught them (thanks a lot Uncle Jamie... my turn will come).

This morning after we left the lake we went to celebrate Tante Krista's 30th birthday at the horse tracks - they had a petting zoo and pony rides there today...

Here's some images:

Sabrina being cautious...


But not Gabriela...






Oops, here she goes...


Scary stuff if you're a mom...


Off to the races!




Pony rides.





My little Gabster has a serious obsession with animals of all kinds...



Sabrina got to hold a fresh egg... I also shot this with my super wide angle which made her head look like an egg too... I know, not good...









My niece Arabella, suntanned and freck-ly





Then it was time for the bbq and hoola hoops!






Even the preggo birthday girl gave it a try...



While some others (Jamie) just relaxed...





Below is Hildi... See what you're missing Dad? She's looking hot!



Austin looks so angelic here, but watch out! He can take anyone out in two seconds flat!



Here's his mom, one of my faithful Blog Stalkers... Looking good Bronwyn...



Uncle Eddie giving the instructions on the water balloon fight...



Sebastian was hiding balls in the garden...


Here's proof:


One more:


Lisa and Christopher smooching:


Look at those teeth!




Braeden:


The birthday girls and some of the nieces: there's one missing, she was recovering from an "Austin" wound...


Happy Birthday Krista! Enjoy this summer and I can't wait to do your maternity shoot!


Ghislaine and Bronwyn, don't even think about leaving this post without commenting...

1 comment:

Bronwyn said...

yes patty, totally agree...camera is AWSOME!
great shots of the day!!
thanks a lot!