This is an old blog!

Please note that since the release of my new BlogSite at www.mywinnipegweddingphotographer.com with a built in AWESOME Blog, I will no longer be updating this blog, so please update your RSS feeds and go visit me at my new blog at http://www.my-winnipeg-wedding-photographer.com/blog.html

Friday 10 October 2008

Leticia & Dean: Married at The Gates! October 5th, 2008

She called me up and said my favorite magic words: "You were referred to us by..." and "We also had already found you on the web..."

This time they were referred to me by one of my favorite blog stalkers, my sister in law, Bronwyn who is also a big fan of my work (or maybe it's just because she gets free pictures?)... Hard to tell, but hey, thank you Bronwyn!!!

When Leticia called me, she and Dean were living in Toronto but would be having their wedding here in Winnipeg, to celebrate with family at The Gates, Sunday Brunch style! YUM!

I was so excited for many reasons, but also because half way through the conversation she started speaking Brazilian Portuguese to me! I KNOW!!! How exciting is that?

It turns out that her mom met her dad here and they moved to Brazil where they had Leticia, then moved back here 12 years ago...

Dean described at the reception how they met.

He was in Grade 8 when she moved here and was introduced to the class. His knees buckled and somehow he knew that she would be at his side for the rest of his life.

So after much seeking, he finally got her. They've been together for a long long time and this past weekend they joined each other in matrimony!

Does that make you tear up? It does for me! I'm such a suck for weddings and beautiful stories...

Oh the beauty of love...

There was SO much beauty at this wedding!!!

Starting the Spanish Dress... I've never seen anything like this!



The Ring just complimented the whole vintage feel...


And Dean had a gift for his Lily... and a note that I couldn't read because my eyes were WET!!


STUNNING flowers by In Full Bloom.

Da Boyz and their cigars.


The girls having fun... (or perhaps MAKING fun of me lying on the ground)


Bronwyn, Alana, Leticia, Vicky and Shelly.


Cake Deliciousness by Chocolate Zen!!! I actually had wedding cake this time! It was UNREAL!


I just love the setting at The Gates on Roblin. It's absolutely beautiful and there are so many different locations for pictures! Truly worth it!




Now, to quote Billy Crystal in When Harry Met Sally, "I don't think it's a matter of opinion". Leticia is truly and unbelievably beautiful! No doubt about it!


Here Dean is lovingly stoking Leticia's belly - in love with her and baby Lucas!


And here is the lucky man!


Dean is just so sweet (and handsome!) and he was joking with me throughout the pictures that he really wanted a shot of himself looking up to the sky! So, you bet! Here it is!








Now he's just goofy!


A little shop talk... Ever since I've gotten my D700, I've been blown away by the shallow depth of field that it has at 2.8 and I've been COMPLETELY ADDICTED to shooting my 70-200mm lens at 200 all the time (at 2.8) as if it were prime. I don't even move the zoom on it AT ALL!

Ok, all done shop talk. Don't you just love this shot? I DO I DO I DO!


I have a million versions of this shot... and I just love how Leticia looks like a prairie princess here..


And in the following 3 shots you'll see that Dean just COULDN'T keep away from Leticia!







You didn't think I was actually going to pass up a little flare, did you?



I wanted to showcase Leticia's dress... So I asked her to twirl for me. According to her sister Victoria, as a little girl, she loved wearing pretty ballerina dresses and twirling, so I knew she'd be too happy to oblige.


Then I moved her to where I knew the Sun would show through...


I love the fact that she has her eyes closed in this shot... It's like she's enjoying the moment.


I love Dean's expression.




Dean really wanted this shot... Here you go!


For family and friends wanting to order and view all images of Leticia & Dean's pictures, click here to be notified when their online gallery is launched and get a $5.00 credit towards your pictures!

Thank you Leticia & Dean & families! It was so wonderful to meet you all and I'm looking forward to going through all the millions of pictures that I took on Sunday! Stay tuned for the slideshow!

2 comments:

Bronwyn said...

Awsome Patty...I've been waithing for you to post them, you got a lot of perfect shots, but no surprise!!, and it's not because i get free pics...you know i love your work!!!...and you!

Anonymous said...

What beautiful pictures Patty! Leticia and Dean will be so pleased when they see them. Thank you so much for capturing many of the wonderful memories of this day.

Angela and Glen