This is an old blog!

Please note that since the release of my new BlogSite at www.mywinnipegweddingphotographer.com with a built in AWESOME Blog, I will no longer be updating this blog, so please update your RSS feeds and go visit me at my new blog at http://www.my-winnipeg-wedding-photographer.com/blog.html

Friday 17 October 2008

Out of this World Lifestyle Session: Carol & Denis, 40 Years and Counting!

(Warning, long journal entry, but the story makes the pictures!)

Everyday when I get up, I know I'm blessed. I'm blessed more than I even know and I KNOW!

I have an amazing husband that would do absolutely anything for me, two gorgeous girls that are the most precious thing in my life, a wonderful family all around and a job that I love.

Sure, there's hard times and there's times when all I do is work, but I know that what I do is more than just "take pictures". I have the opportunity to capture stories and leave a legacy for generations to come.

(I know I sound cheesy, but those of you who know me, also know that I AM CHEESY!!!)

So, last year when Simone called me up, she said that her parents had been married for 40 years and had a really "neat" living situation and she would like me to do a Lifestyle Session for them.
A Lifestyle session is so much more than a Portrait Session... It's like a Portrait Session on Steroids! (not really, please!)

I waited for Carol to call me and she did! She gave me directions to her place and said: "don't expect a house. We don't live in a house."

For the record, stuff like that gets me really excited!

When I arrived I saw a large large LARGE garage with an industrial size garage door and a regular house door beside it. Carol & Denis emerged from the little door and greeted me warmly.

I was fascinated when I walked in. White, shinny tile flooring with a big... well, look:



Yep, big HUGE Semi Cab attached to a 5th Wheel Trailer.

That's where they live! In the Trailer, inside a nice warm, clean garage with a laundry and kitchen and their bedroom and closet are IN THE TRAILER! Then, after Christmas, they close their trailer doors and open the big garage door and head out to Texas for the harshest part of winter.

But do you know what struck me instantly as I walked in? There was no stuff! None!

There was a large dining table with chairs and a big screen tv. That's it! Oh, and so much love!

What a life!

Yesterday I went back there to show them their slideshow in DVD format since they don't have high speed internet out in the country. We sat down, had tea and cookies and watched the slideshow together.

Carol then told me how nervous they both were the morning of the photoshoot, not knowing what to expect, but then in her words: "as soon as you walked through the door, Patty, I relaxed and you made us feel so good".

Well, what can I say... I'm blessed. I'm blessed to love my job, to think that what I do makes a difference.

Here's what else I know: these pictures are something that Carol & Denis and their kids and grandkids will treasure forever and ever.

Enough talking. On to the pictures.

Here's Denis styling on his GoldWing.


Almost 41 years and loving each other so strongly! Beautiful!


Couldn't pass up the boot shot!


Now we're talking!








Denis plays guitar and we had to get some guitar shots. Carol says she can listen to him playing the guitar and singing all the time.


So I wanted to do some shots of Denis with his guitar in the field.

Here's his Roadie.


These are my absolute favorite.








When I told them that I would make them a slideshow set to music, Carol asked me if Denis could sing for that. YES YES YES!

So, what you hear is Denis' voice throughout. And his beautiful guitar playing.

Simone, I'd like to thank you for this wonderful opportunity to meet your parents and capture this memory for you all.

Now, on to the slideshow! Click here!

2 comments:

Smiley Eyes Photography said...

Awww how precious !

I seriously got misty eyed watching that slideshow, what an adorable couple and you captured them wonderfully !!

Anonymous said...

Patty, what can I say... girl, you ROCK! What a great session, you can see how happy they are doing exactly what they want! Nice work!!!

Brenda W.